Friday, August 13, 2010

Review for Patton: The Generals


Patton: The Generals, The Pursuit of Destiny by Agostino Von Hassell and Ed Breslin is not typically the type of book I would choose to read. I would consider it more of a "guys book", since militaria does not usually interest women. But I have personally been interested General George Smith Patton since being stationed at Fort Hood Army Base. Patton's son was in command at Fort Hood, in 1975. There is a museum featuring the former. So, I was interested in the book. I will say it was hard to get into at first, with the long and boring introduction. But if you can get past that, it flows really well, and tells the story of Patton the man, not just his World War II victories. The last chapter, Legacy, is a very nice close out to a pretty decent book! I finished it in two days!
I was able to review this book through BookSneeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I LOVE comments! :)

National Donate Life Blue & Green Day #BlueGreenDay

National Donate Life Blue & Green Day is part of Donate Life America’s National Donate Life Month - observed in April each year. During ...